52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

From the brim to the dregs

At some point before the end of the year, I am planning to do some kind of “That Was The Earworm That Was” list for 2005… a countdown on the year’s top earworms, as voted for by the readers of this blog.

If you haven’t been on the eggnog, then I’m sure the sharpest amongst you will have realised that this means that I will be needing to cast your votes....

It should be pretty simple really - all you have to do is to email me (via the address on my profile) a numbered list of the 5 songs that have been stuck in your head the most over the last 12 months. As always with these lists, although you may well end up with a list of your 5 favourite songs, it doesn’t have to be a record that was released in 2005, and it doesn’t actually have to be a record at all… it can be a ringtone, an advert from the telly, something the guy who sits next to you at work keeps humming… anything really. It just needs to have been lodged in your head at some point this year.

Send your lists to me via email, together with a your thoughts on each one, and I’ll compile them all up and produce some sort of chart countdown before the end of the year with a selection of your comments about each one. There will be a proper scoring system and everything. Your number 1 will score 5 points, your number 2 will score 4 points, and so on down to your number 5 scoring 1 point…. So the placement in your list could make all the difference.

Got it? Good....

If you need some inspiration, you could do worse than look here.

Ladies and Gentleworms… I hereby declare the polling station open for your votes !

2 Comments:

  • At 4:44 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    yup... I know. I know... and you suit yourself foxy!

    ST

     
  • At 6:59 pm, Blogger -L said…

    I love the Crazy Frog ringtone!

    ST, you should be a retreat leader or something fun of that sort...you're so good at joining people together in fun activities. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home