52% intelligent. 9% modest. More monkey than bear.

Monday, December 05, 2005

when the feelin’s right I’m gonna run all night

Bloody Mondays.

There were a couple of accidents on one of the main arterial routes out of Nottingham this evening, and it brought all of the rush hour traffic to a grinding halt for a couple of hours. I was trapped at work when I found this out, but had no appetite at all for sitting in a traffic jam and even less desire to stay at my desk after another deeply uninspiring day at the office.

The solution? I had been planning a trip to the gym after work, so I nipped out to the car, picked up my gym kit, dropped off my coat and my work bag, got changed and ran the 4 miles home in the cold, dark pissing rain.

Let me tell you - it felt bloody brilliant.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:50 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    That's fantastic...

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger adem said…

    Well done Forrest!!

     
  • At 12:03 pm, Blogger red one said…

    does this mean you also had to run back to work this morning? Eek!

    red

     
  • At 2:13 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    dark, cold pissing rain = ick. I can feel the head cold already. If I ran home from work I'd be run over by a bus.

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    red - C. and I work on the same site, so we car-share from time to time (and I should add, not as often as we should). We had driven in using my car and we still had C's car at home. C. ran with me last night actually, as she had her sports kit on her too.

    It was really good - I've blagged a locker at work this morning, and I'm fully intending to make this a more regular thing. It's a very time-efficient way of taking exercise, for one thing.... the whole palaver of going to the gym takes a whole lot longer.... and of course it has a big environmental plus too.

    Adem - shit happens.

    ST

     
  • At 4:08 pm, Blogger Robin said…

    You have far more willpower than me. I'd have been down t'pub.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home